Friday 20 March 2009

Mail Media Centre new website

It has been a while now since I have planned any direct mail in any of my campaigns, my clients now are fully in the brand arena which leaves little room for it. I do however still like to keep up to date on all media channels at my disposal, as you never know when you might need them... so queue the new website brought to us by the Royal Mail, the Mail Media Centre.



This is a neat hub for all thing DM with pretty much everything you could possibly ask for, including a detailed knowledge centre, a slick creative showcase, and planning and evaluation tips/ techniques.



One thing in particular which caught my attention about the site was the way in which I found it. Playing on DM's ability to engage all of the senses of the recipient the Mail Media Centre mailed out gel heat pads which when heated revealed their message.



This was combined with tip-on's in the industry mags, as well as a coverwrap in Campaign all with a heat sensitive hand print, again revealing a MMC message when warmed up. You can visit the new site here: www.mmc.co.uk

0 comments: