Thursday 4 December 2008

'The Game' is back in my life - Thank you Metro

Roughly two years ago, on the way back from a rather messy night out, my best mate and I were told about a game which can be played anywhere, but will stay with you forever! This game, named 'The Game' has one simple objective... to forget about the game. As you can imagine it's not quite as easy as it sounds, hence why I am writing this blog entry.



As I flicked through the Metro this morning, imagine my horror when on page 3, I saw an article reporting about the cult following which is 'The Game' along with all the details of how it's gathered its worldwide following over the years, leading to some schools in the US suspending children caught disrupting lessons by playing it.



'The Game' was apparently created by two sound engineers, Dennis Begley and Gavin McDowall, who after missing the last train, decided to create a game to keep them entertained. ‘The Game’ was born, and has snowballed ever since, which can easily been seen on the website, www.losethegame.com, which includes forums, maps, pictures, and even a strategy page. Apologies to all those players which have read this, but I wasn’t going out on my own.

0 comments: